I recently started nannying for a little girl, and as it turns out I'm just a 10 year old girl inside. Sure, I can drive, see rated R movies, vote and buy liquor, but that doesn't mean anything (especially when I get questioned for doing all of these things on a regular basis). Here are some of the reasons why I'm actually a 10 year old in a 23 year old's body.
1. I love Spongebob, iCarly, Big Time Rush, Victorious and pretty much any Nickelodeon show made for humans at least half my age.
2. I may do cleanses and try to "eat clean," but at the end of the day I am really dying over mac'n'cheese, pizza, ice cream (umm remember magic shell?!) and oreos.
3. Sometimes when I choose to indulge in said snacks, I pretend that my metabolism still works like my former 10-year-old self's did. (It doesn't.)
4. I think bouncy balls are pretty much the funnest things ever. Yes, I said "funnest" and it's perfectly acceptable because I'm still in elementary school.
5. I fully think boys are the most entertaining and exciting topic of conversation.
6. I just want handwritten notes always. I think I would appreciate text messages more if they were in the sender's handwriting and had a notebook paper lined background.
7. A new nail polish color is cause for extreme happiness and I often can't decide on just one, so I end up with awesome glittery, mismatched manicures.
8. I still feel like I'm playing dress up when I put on heels and lots of makeup.
9. I sleep with a stuffed bear named "Fluffy" who I've had since I was about 5.
10. I use the word "like" far too often.
11. I'm really, really good at hula hooping.
12. And Bop It. Do kids still play that..?
13. The only video games I like are ones with really bright colors and happy music.
14. I hate cleaning my room.
15. I squeal very loudly when I see puppies.
16. I think playgrounds are wonderful and swinging gives me butterflies.
17. I like carpets better than hard floors because I can tumble on them.
18. I still want to be 50 different things when I grow up.
19. I smell every single candle in the candle aisle.
20. I think dandelions are magical and I still make wishes on them.